Thursday, November 25, 2010

Here's whats been going on lately...

My most recent adventure was taken with 3 of my great friends to go visit our friend Heather whom we met in Ghana this past summer. Heather lives in Blacksburg, Va. Heather has an incredible story and I'd love to share it sometime with you, but not right now. Ha. We had an incredible weekend filled with kayaking, climbing, exploring, seeing beautiful cascades, and having some great conversations...I'm so thankful for good friends...
My birthday was also celebrated with a surprise visit from my sister and one of my best friends, Clint!! They showed up for Wesley worship and then we ate dinner at a mexican restaurant (figures) and then had some students come over for a night of apples to apples and peppermint patty's... :)
Clint and I went to Nashville for my birthday weekend. We got to be "extras" for the movie, "Blue Like Jazz" and dressed in choir robes and all. Haha. That was great. We also got to catch up with some friends like Erica Cain, Joe Chen, Josh Boren and Autumn Essary. I love how the Lord continues to bind us all together with his love. Also, Clint and I got to see Brooke Fraser from the second row, which was amazing. We've had this tradition to go see a concert on my birthday for quite a while now and I am really thankful for such a wonderful friend...
We took the DSU Wesley Foundation students on a fall break rafting trip to the Ocoee. It was such an amazing trip. We got to participate in a high ropes day where we rock climbed, zip lined and jumped off of a big swing. We also went white water rafting....this trip is so good because the students really grow closer to each other and the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment