Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Miss You, Adjua Brunya


Adjua (Heckel) Brunya is one of the children at Rafiki Orphanage. Two years ago when I went to Africa for the first time, she was one of the 6 children who were at Rafiki. She was so cute; short and had a round tummy from lack of food. Now, she has grown and is 7 years old. She's still short and almost comes up to my shoulders. She's beautiful. I made a lot of connections with children, but she and I have something special. We began to understand each other through lack of language barriers. She's been learning English for about 3 years now so we can communicate, but there is still a barrier. She has the most gorgeous eyes that I have ever seen and when she laughs her whole body shakes. Her laugh is deep and you wouldn't expect it to sound the way it does, but she loves to laugh. Adjua is one of the oldest at Rafiki and she carries out a lot of responsibilities. She helps the mothers to wash clothes and she is in charge of cleaning the dishes after every meal. She takes care of the children and also helps to discipline them when they need it. I definitely do not know what it is like to have a child, but I imagine the love that I feel for Adjua and I know that it is a special love. I miss her deeply. Sometimes my heart aches for her, but I do know that I will be spending time with her, Lord willing, in about 7 months. I can not wait to see our relationship grow and our love deepen. Please pray with me for Adjua. I pray that she grows up knowing the Lord and longing for him. I pray that she remains healthy and that she can continue to lead the children with strength and laughter and love....

No comments:

Post a Comment